Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I would like to help with the problem. I need to mention: I am in the Eastern USA Time Zone, and I may have to sleep within several hours. But if we cannot get in touch today, I will be online again tomorrow morning and keep working on the problem.
If I cannot arrange Secure Remote Assistance soon, then I'd like to ask:
- What Windows version is on your computer, that you print from?
- or if it's an Apple computer, what MAC OS X version is on it?
- Is your printer networked (Wireless connection or wired), or is it directly connected by a USB cable?
- What program are you printing from when you get the double image? does the double image show up when printing from other programs on your computer ?
- Is the double-printing different in color e.g. black image doubled with color image? or some other way?
Let me know, please. Thanks.
Thanks for your response, Alwyn.
I need to ask about the double image effect on printouts.
1. If there are two images comprising the double image on the page
2. if there is a complete image, and another complete image, or
3. if there is a complete image in one color, and a another complete image in a different color (or color combination), or
4. if there are two incomplete images, or
5. if there is a complete image and another, incomplete, image ?
An incomplete image means, whatever you meant to print, but with parts missing.
I need to get a feel for, or an image of, how the problem is working. At this point I'm not sure whether it's in the printer and a hardware malfunction (more or less), or in the computer and some sort of software problem (I doubt this a bit.) So please describe it in terms of the 5 points above... or, perhaps, post a scanned or photographed picture of a typical page with the problem ?