Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

I am getting head strikes on my epson r3000 printer and

Customer Question

I am getting head strikes on my epson r3000 printer and would like to correct them
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

By head strikes, do you mean skid marks or areas where the print head is hitting the paper?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Print head hits paper leaving ink residue on edge
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

gotcha, that's unforgettably a bad sigh that it needs to be serviced, the cable that pulls that ink cartridge back and forth has either gone bad, or the motor that controls it is starting to jolt around. A repair on this would be about 120.00. It's obviously up to you as how to proceed, but that would appear top be the problem.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Also, this problem tends to get worse, but thats how most things are when they are failing.....Printers are not built like they use to be, and frankly they were never built all that great.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with, if not please rate my service in the top right hand corner of your screen as i do this for a living, if you need further help come back to the same page and I will support the same ticket for free.