John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP 7210 Office Jet All In One. it was printing

Customer Question

I have an HP 7210 Office Jet All In One. it was printing perfectly until I had to unplug it because we were moving furniture. I think I have it set up and connected ok. the only thing I notice is the connection is a little loose when I insert it in the back of the printer. Any other thoughts?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

Do you mean the USB cable is loose ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but it seems like it's fitting ok. The color ink cartridge also is low. Will that cause it not to print at all?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

Can you explain, what is exactly happening, when you try to print ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sir,
Thanks for helping. I don't mind paying you $26.00 but I don't want to go further when they want me to to enroll in a monthly fee plan for services.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thx
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

Don't worry this is a one time payment and not a subsciption charge, please let me know, when you want to continue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your explanation. We had moved furniture so I had to disconnect the printer from the computer. When I hooked it back up and tried to print a report, it did not print and said on the screen that the color cartridge needed to be checked and possibly replaced. I took the color cartridge out and just put it back in hoping that would suffice for now until I purchased another one. But still nothing happens. I have it hooked up and when I hit the "print" button nothing happens. I have gone into the queu and cancelled all of the reports waiting to be printed but it still won't print. I am not at my office in my home at the moment so if you suggest that I do something, I am not able to do it until later. Is this just a matter of replacing the color cartridge?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

Does the printer eject blank pages, when you try to print at present or it does not function at all ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing happens. It will print if I copy a document from flat bed. Just not from computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the late reply, please let me know, when you want to continue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No that is OK. I will figure it out. Thanks.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 9 months ago.

Are you able to solve the problem ?