Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Please help!!! I hhave a Brother MFC 9320. The drums are

Customer Question

Please help!!! I hhave a Brother MFC 9320. The drums are stuck and cant be removed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok, I was able to remove the toner but the drums are stuck in place and cant be removed. I have tried everything
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com,my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The drum and toner should have come out as one unit. Are you saying that the toner separated from the drum when you tried to remove the drum and toner ?

If thats the case, you need to slide the toner back into the drum till it locks into place.

Then lift and pull at the center of the toner / drum it to remove them both at the same time.

Keep in mind, you have to have the lid of the machine completely open before you can remove the drum unit, and the machine must be turned off and unplugged from power.

This link shows the full process

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfc9320cw_all&ftype3=2043&faqid=faq00000154_045

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I apologize but this did not help. The toner and drum would not come out. I then got the toner to come out, but now the drum is stuck,
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Have you tried locking the toner back into place, inside the drum?

Also.. Do you have the machine unplugged from power?

And is the lid open all the way.

Saying this didnt help doesnt tell me what you have tried above, please be detailed and specific.. thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry. The machine is unplugged, I put the toner back in and it is still stuck. The lid is open all the way.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Are all the drums stuck? Or just one color?

If you try removing the drums from back to front or front to back, can you get any of them out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
all the drums are stuck. I have tried all different ways to remove them with no success. I cant remove any of them.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

I assume youve tried grabbing the toner / drum in the center. And wiggling it front to back and left to right while solidly pulling on the unit yes?

There isnt a lock or a catch that would hold it in place.. It may just be "stuck" in place due to toner buildup. You may have to use a bit of force and wiggle it~

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Honestly, Im not sure what to tell you.. Unless the drums were misaligned when they were inserted.

But then, they wouldnt have printed at all.. I suppose, if the drums inside the machine are old and getting replaced.. remove power first.

Then you could try removing the front toner and maybe the second toner so you can see the drum clearly.

Take two pairs of pliers.. Grabbing a hold of the drum at each side and trying to slide it out of the guide. If you crack the drum a bit getting it out, no harm done since you are replacing the drum.

If you brought this into the shop, at some point wed have to use brute force on the drum to get it out. ( Ideally, without breaking the guides on the left and right that the drum slides in and out of )