Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Its ***** *****.My Canon MX922 stopped receiving faxes

Customer Question

Hi its ***** *****.My Canon MX922 stopped receiving faxes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Is set to receive after 2 rings. Rings only once and no fax comes through. There is a dial tone. I have no way to check if I can send a fax. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I need to receive an important fax later but after unplugging it I Now also can't tell if it will do either till later. Is there a way to check with you? The person tried to send the fax earlier but they are away from there machine now. Hope this helps.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This would indicate that something else is picking up the line before the fax machine does. It most cases it is voice mail. If you have a voice mail service on the line, you may have to disable it or at least set it for more than two rings. The only other possible problem is if you have a distinctive ring service on the line. If you don't, then it's not something that has to be considered.