John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Whenever I try to send a fax from my HP L7680, it dials the

Customer Question

Whenever I try to send a fax from my HP L7680, it dials the number and then I get a busy signal. I've tried phoning the number and their fax is working.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a new Windows 10 computer. The printer is an HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-in-One. I've sent faxes before, but for some reason it's not faxing.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That sums up my situation.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try, first, making a call to your own cell phone, from the HP fax. Does that ring the cell phone?

Can you pick up on the ringing and hear beep tones?