I am the person that will be helping you today.
That error can be resolved by following the instructions below on the printer.
1. Open the printer's front cover, and then open and close the print head lock lever (do not remove the print head).
2. Make sure all ink tanks are seated properly.
3. Make sure all packing materials have been removed.
4. Make sure no paper is jammed in the printer.
5. Disconnect the printer cable from the printer.
6. Close the front cover and turn the printer off.
7. Unplug the printer from the power source, and then plug it back in after five minutes.
8. Power on the printer.
Once that is all complete, you should be all set.
I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.
I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.
I will be standing by,Jason
At this point, there is not much else you can do. Your printer will need to be brought into a printer/copier repair shop as there is a hardware issue. I suggest you try my suggestion once more. Be sure to remove the ink tanks and put them back into place.