Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Need to connect printer to computer

Customer Question

Need to connect printer to computer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your printer?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Canon PIXMA MP500
Windows 10(?)
USB cable (I think; pardon my ignorance)
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

If yes, go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d4a0b1d2-1dbe-435a-8f05-0f2ff5f98c02

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If you cannot connect, what do I do? Drop the conversation/attempt and figure out some other solution somewhere else? Have I disrupted the process somehow?
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Please try the instructions below.

Please right click on the Start button and select Control Panel. In Control Panel, select View Devices and Printers, listed under Hardware and Sound.

Click Add a printer. In the Add Printer Wizard, select Add a local printer. Make sure that the printer is connected using USB cable.

On the Choose a printer port page, make sure that the Use an existing port option button and the recommended printer port are selected, and then click Next.

On the Install the printer driver page, select the printer manufacturer and model, and then click Next.

If you do not see the model number in the list, please click Windows Update tab, that you see under the table (list of models). Wait for the computer to update the list and select your model number from the list. Follow the on screen instructions.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I'd like to help with this case.

Do you need further assistance with this problem? if so, let me know, and I will try to remotely control your computer while you watch, and fix the problem.