Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

My printer mx890 will not print. tells me printer heads are

Customer Question

My printer mx890 will not print. tells me printer heads are incorrect. have not done anything with printer heads.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

This a hardware fault of the printer and this is caused due to defective or loose printhead. The problem is very common with the Canon printers and you don't have to do anything for this, because any spare can stop working without any intervention due to some technical fault. Now, the final solution for this problem is replacing the printhead, but before that you can remove the printhead from the printer and then, clean the gold contacts on it with a cotton swab and IP alcohol. After that check the result and if the problem persist then, unfortuantely the printhead is defective and you have to replace the printhead to solve the problem. You can follow the steps below to remove the printhead from the printer.

Remove the ink tanks before proceeding to removing the print head.

Remove the Ink Tanks

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on.

2. Pull open the paper output tray.

3. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

(A) Press the Open button to open the Paper Output Tray if it does not open automatically.

Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.
  4. Open the inner cover.

Caution: Do not touch the metallic parts or other parts inside the machine.
  5. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.
  6. Raise the print head lock lever then lower it again to reseat the print head.
  7. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.