John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to print from my laptop and am getting printer

Customer Question

I am trying to print from my laptop and am getting printer error. I have a router and am using windows 10
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have not been able to print from my laptop since if installed windows 10
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I am using hp psc2100 printer and I removed it and reinstalled it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

What Windows version did you have previously?

Did you use the printer's CD disk to reinstall? Or did you download?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable?

Can you please confirm the exact model of your HP PSC 2100 series printer, such as PSC 2105 or PSC 2110 or PSC 2115, etc.?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.