Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I use an Epson wf-3620 and am getting 0 x 97 error message.

Customer Question

HI. I use an Epson wf-3620 and am getting 0 x 97 error message. I switched off a few times and this resolved the issue for a while. I then bought a new maintenance service box for the back but this has not resolved the issue. Can You help as I do not wish to buy a new printer.....again. They only seem to last 18 months or so!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Just that I bought it a over 12 months ago which states that it is out of warranty. Someone told me I could buy a logic board cheaper.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service. It is not in any way related to the maintenance box.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. This is not something you'd be able to do yourself in the first place, and the parts are simpy not available as epson parts are really only accessible to authorized service centers.

These machines are built for a maximum service life of 3 years, but depending on usage (heavy use in an office environment, or using generic inks) it may only run about half that.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating negatively, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.