Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

How do I remove the printhead from an MX926 Canon printer? I

Customer Question

How do I remove the printhead from an MX926 Canon printer?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was printing this morning doing double sided work and multiple page printing when the printer suddenly came up with a B200 error message.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I contacted the local agent and was advised it could be a number of factors that caused the B200 message. As the printer is out of warranty ( Purchased 21/05/2014 ) and has no extended warranty she suggested that I clean the print head.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

The B200 error indicates that the printhead assembly as well as the Logic board has overheated and shorted out. The printhead and logic board needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright.

The printhead and logic board are very expensive, unfortunately the cost of repairs may be more than a new printer itself. If your unit is under warranty then you can get it repaired from CANON free of cost.

I am extremely sorry for giving you a bad news. I just wanted to be completely honest with you.
Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Please take your time to rate this answer positively by clicking on of the stars at the top > then click submit.
Thank you for using JustAnswer; it's been my pleasure to serve you today. We'll hope to see you again in the future; between now and then, I wish you a pleasant day and a quick solution to this problem
Regards,