Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We have Roland xc540mt and we are coming up with an error

Customer Question

Hi James
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have Roland xc540mt and we are coming up with an error code 0080 0080
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, 0080 error is a scan motor fault; "...This is a scan motor over current error where a light load is put on the motor movement over a long period of time. Turn the power off, clear any media jam that may have occurred and turn the printer back on..."

Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check/clean the encoder strip;
  • • check/tighten the head carriage.

All others would require working inside the Service Menu.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Louie, are instructions on checking/tightening the head carriage readily able to be found on the internet?
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Not sure if readily available but should be relatively easy as it needs an Allen key/wrench. To my recollection, a 3mm or 4mm.

All others would require the use of a Service Manual as guide for checks in the Service Menu.