Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

When I try and print a photoshop image, I get the following:

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: PCL XL error, Subsystem: IMAGE
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: eRROR: Illegal AttributeValue, Operator: ReadImage, Position 29. My printer is an HP Laserjet 5100tn and is connected via USB cable to my laptop. Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I can help with the issue.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.

That problem occurs when part of the image is corrupted and causes issues when printing or opening the file.

To fix the problem, save the Image to a different format such as PNG or JPG and then print.

You can also try to save the PSD file as another filename so I can reset the file. There may be something wrong with the file and saving it as a different file will remove those errors when exporting.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately, I tried printing a JPEG image and only part of it came out (the big font) the rest is just blocks. With regards ***** ***** images, I have a whole heap on file and have successfully been printing them for the past 5 years on the same laptop connected to the same printer. For some reason, my printer connection got lost and now that I have reinstalled the printer driver for the HP series, I am having nothing but issues. I also think switching to Windows 10 has had some sort of impact
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.

ok. i will open the question so other experts can answer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Since you mentioned reinstalling the printer driver and an upgrade to windows 10. This issue may not be a straightforward fix. For that reason I am sending you an offer for our secure remote session where I can connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly.

Once that offer is accepted or rejected, we can continue.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.