Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I am trying to set up our new WF-3620 and am getting printer

Customer Question

I am trying to set up our new WF-3620 and am getting printer error code;0x69. I need help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Sharon.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Check carefully as well that all tape, caps, and packing material have been thoroughly removed. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no cartrdges have been installed and can't install untill cartridge holder is released.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
cancel your help, somehow I typed in epson.com and ended up with you
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

The system will not allow you to proceed until you install the cartridges. When you raise the lid, it will move over, if it does not go into the menu under tools and then INK, and change cartridge to prompt it over.

I have no access to any billing or account issues, and have provided the above answer in accordance with your posted question.

You may have typed epson, but did so in a search bar instead of an address bar. Epson does not provide this type of instant support service.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.