Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.

When I try to print any Word document, I receive the message

When I try to print any Word document, I receive the message that there is not enough memory or disc space to display the font I requested. It has enough memory to print Excel or other docs. Problem started I think after upgrading to Windows 10

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your printer?

Did you have to reinstall the printer's driver / software after upgrading to Windows 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Printer is a Brother HL 2280DW. I do not recall if I had to reinstall the printer after upgrading to Windows-10. I will reach out to you in the morning to do a remote troubleshoot if this seems best to you.

Thank you for replying back.

What's your Microsoft Office / Word version, such as 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc.?

Does this issue occur when printing existing documents only?

If you create a new document, does it let you print the new document or not?

- Can you disable all the add-ons in Word program, and see if you can print?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have reinstalled the Brother printer, but still sends the same error message, or completely 'stops working' or 'word has encountered a problem and needs to close';
I am using Word 2010.
I do not know if there are add-ons or how to find and how to disable them.
Does not work for existing docs, newly created docs, or imported docs.

Please try:

1. In Word program, click on File menu at the top, then click on Options, then click on Add-ins on the left, then click on Go... button at the bottom, then uncheck a ll item(s) there, then click on OK

, then close Office / Word programs, then re-open it and check.

2. If that does not work, did you reinstall the Brother printer from the website (not using the printer's cd disk)? If no, please try the following:

- Click on Start -> Settings -> System -> Apps & features, then remove the Brother program there

, then restart the computer, then download and install the Full Driver & Software Package at the Brother website below:

3. If needed, try to reset Word setting at the website below:

; try the automatic download fix for Windows 8 first (since there is no fix for Windows 10); if it does not work, then try the manual fix.

Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If you still need help with anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you very much.