Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

I have an HP Officejet 4630 a printer.When I try to print a

Customer Question

I have an HP Officejet 4630 a printer.When I try to print a photo on quality photo paper, the print only shows about 2/3 of the picture. If I use regular paper, the whole picture is printed.
Ken Capalbo
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 10 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help because configuring the print layout can be a bit difficult. May I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not interested in the remote service this time.

Okay, I understand. How do you wish to continue? Which application are you using to make the prints?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HP Officejet 4630

That is the name of your printer. Which application are you using to make the prints?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do you mean?

Which program are you using?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I use the printer. I do not know what program I am using.

Examples may be WORD, Office, Photoshop, etc.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have photoshop on my computer. I guess that is the program I am using, although I do everything through the printer.

Thank you for the update. Are you still against me remoting in and showing you how to do this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The printer only cost me $50 on sale.

I don't understand why you are telling me the cost of the printer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It would make no sense to pay $45 to fix the problem, given the cost of the printer.

I am not here to debate the cost of service.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your effort.
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with your printing issue. Just to make sure I understand; you stated, "When I try to print a photo on quality photo paper, the print only shows about 2/3 of the picture. If I use regular paper, the whole picture is printed."

Are the print settings (such as paper type, picture quality) exactly the same when printing? If so, this may be as simple as cleaning the paper feed.

To reach this function open the HP Solution Center, then click "settings", click "toolbox" and then click "paper feed cleaning". Remember to unload paper first. The printer will make whirring noises for a while. Once this is done, try printing again and see if this fixed the issue. If your print settings are exactly the same, the only variable it the type of paper loaded in the printer. The photo paper is more slippery.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please let me know and we will continue working on it.

Thanks,

Gary

This Gary just checking back. Do you have HP Solution Center on your computer? If not, I can direct you to it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have HP Solutions Center. When I click settings, there is no toolbox listed.

OK, let's try downloading and reinstalling the software. The link below will take you to the webpage:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4630-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5305049/model/5305050#Z7_3054ICK0K8UDA0AQC11TA930C7

Download and install "HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers" , reboot your computer, then try to access the toolbox.

I await your reply,

Gary