John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP PS C 1315 printer stopped communicating with my Dell

Customer Question

My HP PS C 1315 printer stopped communicating with my Dell Inspiron 1545 two days ago. Since then I have completely uninstalled all HP software downloaded the latest drivers and reinstalled them. The download unpacking and installation modules all work fine but when I try to connect the printer to the computer it always stops at step 4/7 and gives me a warning that not all the computer software loaded. It then gives me an option to skip the connection step is to finish downloading and installing the software so I can come back to connecting with the printer later I do this and get in their message that not all printer software is installed so I go back to the installation process and it tells me all the software is installed they both can't be right. Please advise
Category: Printers
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 10 months ago.

Hello how are you this evening? Are you still available? I can attempt to help you with this issue.