John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I want to replace a MFC7860DW and it seems that MFCL2740DW

Customer Question

I want to replace a MFC7860DW and it seems that MFCL2740DW is the upgraded replacement for it. Is that the case, and can it use the same toner and drum supplies? thank you.
........................Bob
Category: Printers
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 10 months ago.

Hello Bob, I am looking into this now. I do agree that is the replacement, I will see if it is possible to simply use the older models drum and toner.

I have confirmed that is the newest replacement.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/brother-introduces-the-next-generation-of-its-best-selling-monochrome-laser-soho-printers-adding-easy-wireless-setup-enhanced-mobile-device-connectivity-and-faster-print-speeds-at-the-same-price-of-legacy-models-271820781.html

HL-L2360DW replaces HL-2270DW, at $149.991, MFC-L2740DW replaces MFC-7860DW at $299.991