Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a brother MFC J6920DW printer that I am trying to set

Customer Question

i have a brother MFC J6920DW printer that I am trying to set up (wireless) and it only stays powered up for a minute and then display screen reads "all functions will be disabled" and "standing by on/off to resume". It then shuts down and has no power. Don't know how to do a hard reset. Is that what is needed?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have downloaded the software from brothers website but the printer just seems to have no power.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

The printer is not shutting down, it is in sleep mode. You can change the timing by following the steps from the link below to solve the problem. Please let me know, if you need any further information, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj6920dw_us_eu_as&faqid=faq00000110_028