Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

When using the document feeder to scan a document to a pdf

Customer Question

When using the document feeder to scan a document to a pdf file on my Workforce 845 the resulting image has a grey line running down the left hand side about an inch and a half in from the left margin. What is causing this and how can I fix it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Dan.

This will be the result of contamination in the ADF. Lift the lid over the adf and check carefully with a flashlight for any scraps of paper, stray staples or paperclips, etc. Clean all exposed rubber wheels/rollers with qtips and rubbing alcohol. Blow it out with compressed air, then close it back up.

Lift the lid over the glass, then clean the underside of the lid on the far left side carefully, focusing on the thin plastic strip there (which is what guides the scanned page into the output tray), which is where the most dust tends to accumulate causing lines.