Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I bought a canon mg5220 and i cannot install it to my

Customer Question

I bought a canon mg5220 and i cannot install it to my macbook air. how can i do that
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I download the software and I connect both the printer and the computer to the same internet but i cannot find the ip address
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To find the IP Address of your printer, as it is current configured:

Select SETUP on the home screen on the printer itself.

Select DEVICE SETTINGS, press OK.

Press the down arrow button until LAN SETTINGS is selected, press OK.

Then press the down or up arrow buttons until either Confirm LAN Settings (or WLAN Settings) is displayed.... I am assuming you are using the wireless option for this printer, not the wired networking option.

The information on both screens will include the printer's own IP Address.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I STILL CANNOT CONNECT THEM ALTHOUGH I FOLLOW YOUR STEP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THIS IS WHAT IT SAID "Unable to connect to ‘FE80:0000:0000:8A87:17FF:FE4B:D6D1’ due to an error. Would you still like to create the printer?"
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That references an IPv6 IP Address, not an IPv4 address (which is shorter, basically 4 numbers.)

It's puzzling why it would reference IPv6.

Did you get that IPv6 address off the printer? or is it appearing on the computer's screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I got it. Thank you so much
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If I have answered your question completely, please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.