John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a HP OfficeJet 4500 g510n wireless printer, When turn

Customer Question

I have a HP OfficeJet 4500 g510n wireless printer, When turn on it does alignment check and prints, when I OK the alignment it reads alignment cancelled? Error Message unable to scan, copy, fax......It will print from my computer, not the glass top or tray. I have done the unhook cable from back of printer and the wall connection.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for you support needs. Sorry for the issue.

What is the current Operating System on you PC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dell pc / Fire fox - ?

Oh, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Millennium, XP or???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Oh Hi, I am here... Did you see my question above????

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I lost you awhile ago, relogged in and got someone else that I paid $18.00 ??????? and never got an answer due to
your computer glitch saying to log in again later ...... is this a scam?????

Hold on a moment Sir or Madam. Just Answer is a company that has been around since 2005 or so. Not a scam.. Was there an issue on your end as my system did not go down nor was I logged off of the Site in the past 90 minutes....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far I have no answer and dont need a tech on call but am being charged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 7

I am attempting to prompt you to answer the above question.

Oh, what version of Windows are you using? Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Millennium, XP or???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7

Ok. 32 or 64 bit version of the OS?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would I find this???

To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following: Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties. Under System, you can view the system type.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
64
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 7 home premium 64 os

Excellent... Where did the Printer Drivers come from??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HP

Sorry, I was not clear. From the Web Site or a DVD/CD???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cd ,, im sorry
that originally came with the printer ...and update thru driverupdate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
driverupdate website

OK. Does HP own the Driver Update Site?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think so ...
but up till then, I couldnt even get my printer to connect to the internet or hook up to fax phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in fact only thing it would do was turn on

OK... Please uninstall the software that came from that Site Madam. Now if you please and reboot your PC. How to uninstall instructions are below:

To uninstall or change a program

1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
  2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.

Using Device Manager to Uninstall Devices and Driver Packages

Device Manager is a Control Panel application that allows you to manage devices and drivers on your system. You can use Device Manager to uninstall devices and driver packages with some limitations. Typically, an end-user does not use Device Manager to uninstall devices or driver packages, but might have to use Device Manager to troubleshoot problems they might encounter on their computer.

Note You must have administrator privileges to uninstall a device or driver package by using Device Manager.

For more information about uninstalling driver and driver packages, see How Devices and Driver Packages are Uninstalled.

Uninstalling the Device

To uninstall a device by using Device Manager, follow these steps:

Or would you like me to Securely Connect to you and resolve this issue Madam?

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, Im confused,how is this going to help my printer which was having problems and wouldn't copy before hooking up to my laptop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was uninstalling the original printer cd and reinstalling it the problem, like it was out of date from 2012 ?

OK. You have Drivers from an update site. Most likely you down loaded an EXE file or an installer that installed them for you. That means that you likely installed a type of Malware that is preventing your System from connecting to your Printer properly. As well a possible open doors to your system....

Out of date Madam... Hold a moment....

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-4500-All-in-One-Printer-Series---G5/3919445/model/3986394/drivers

From now on, please do not install drivers from any other Site but HP for your Printer.. The link above is the proper Drivers for your Printer...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer has very good signal strength to the printer and I can print from the HP Officejet -----The printer is the problem, can you help me with it ......the driver uninstall I understand...

OK... Let me know when you are ready....

If you uninstalled the drivers that came from the Update Site. Now reboot....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ready

Did you uninstall those other Drivers???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now, please reboot you PC... As this must be done for you to install the proper ones from HP....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry but I have to log off,,,,, all I wanted was answer about my printer

We are getting to that.. After you reboot, follow the link to the HP Site and grad the Drivers for the 64 bit version of Windows 7 and install them. since they are the correct software for your Printer and PC. It should connect with out too much of an issue. Which would fix the Printing issue Madam....