Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Where do I go to take my Canon MX 432 printer off Abrasion

Customer Question

where do I go to take my Canon MX 432 printer off Abrasion
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Do you want to send your printer for repair ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no by mistake I have it on something called abrasion. When I went to print my computer said I need to take it off. I know it is a setting on my printer but I am not sure where to go.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Is it a new printer ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I had a problem with my printer a couple days ago. On the printer you can make changes, I guess I accidently put it on abrasion and I need to go back and correct but not sure where on the Menu on my printer to go. I am at work and need to get this done.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the late reply. Can you tell me the exact error message, that you are getting on the PC ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
prevent paper abrasion,if you continue printing without changing the setting the print quality mat not be as good.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you there
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Adjusting the setting to prevent paper abrasion will widen the clearance between the print head and the loaded paper. If you notice abrasion even with the media type set correctly to match the loaded paper, set the machine to prevent paper abrasion by using the operation panel or the computer.

Print speed may be reduced if you apply the setting to prevent paper abrasion setting.

* Readjust the setting not to prevent paper abrasion once printing is complete. If not, this setting remains enabled for all subsequent print jobs.

• To set by using the operation panel of the printer

Press the Setup button, then select Device settings and Print settings in this order, then set Prevent abrasion to ON.

• To set by using your computer

Open the printer driver setup window, and in Custom Settings in the Maintenance sheet, select the Prevent paper abrasion check box, and then click OK.

In the Canon IJ Printer Utility, select Custom Settings in the pop-up menu, select the Prevent paper abrasion check box, and then click Apply.