Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Installed MacOSx ElCapitan10.11.3 and get contact the

Customer Question

Installed MacOSx ElCapitan10.11.3 and get contact the manufacturer alert when try to print to Cannon iP6700D.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

The issue is that Cannon pulled out support for the driver for this printer, which is why your getting this message.

A company though called ZEDOnet has made a driver for this printer that works in El Capitan for printing and it is free.

Uninstall the printer, then use my link below to install the compatible driver

http://www.zedonet.com/index.php?en_p_printfab_download_2

This will then allow you to use the printer under this version.

Let me know please how you go

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Richard I am slow. Don't know how to uninstall the current cannon printer program. I have a cannon camera and don't want to delete it by mistake.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

no problem, you can follow the instructions here

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/remove-print-driver-mac-computer-45817.html

Else I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard- I have had only confusion and disappointment at this end. Just recieved a caution note about unusual activity on my credit card given to your company earlier. Please call me at the number logged into this communicartion and lets try to correct this dissapointing situation. Roc Caivano
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I work online here, and offered to connect to your computer and do this for you. I am sorry your dissapointed in me..... I have explained exactly what you need to do, and provided a link with the step by step instructions to do this and offered to do this all for you. I am not sure how to respond to such a message that your dissapointed, nor why your bank would be calling you. But I find it a shame after listing the instructions out in a very detailed way you provide me such a response Roc....