Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

We sent a fax on Friday and have been unable to turn off the

Customer Question

we sent a fax on Friday and have been unable to turn off the fax function since then. Cannot receive phone calls on our home phone which is the number connected to the printer. I have disconnected the phone line, turned off the auto-answer on the fax, turned off the printer disconnected the modem, etc. nothing works.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is an HP 8600 OfficeJet Pro printer. Every time we dial the home number(###) ###-####we get the fax.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the fax (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the fax, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please