Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Is there a way to just override or cancel the print head

Customer Question

Is there a way to just override or cancel the print head alignment procedure. Documents seem to be printing just fine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My HP 8500 goes through a print head alignment check after time i print a document. I have replace the print heads recently and all ink levels are fine. Print quality looks fine also. I just want to be able to shut off the automatic system check that HP has built in.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Was it doing this before you replaced the print head?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It worked fine for several weeks after the both heads were replaced. I am just looking for a way by pass or disable the auto diagnostics for now. It prints documents just fine. I plan on using the printer just until it stops printing acceptable quality docs then I throwing it in garbage.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

It would only do this if its detecting issues with the printhead.

Can you remove it, then put it back in again and tell me if it still does this please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you asking for another $18 on top of $18 I have already been charged?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I am asking for no money.... I will repeat what I asked you to do

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for the confusion but I am pop ups from just answer trying get me to upgrade or something. I did check out the heads per the HP recommendation and it still showing that print head alignment has failed. It did this once before and I got a set of codes that over rode the diagnostic and mis placed them. I am not interested in spending any more time or money on this printer. I just want use it as is with out it wasting paper, ink and time running a dianostic when there doesn't appear to be anything wrong. If you don't have the override codes that's fine, just let me know. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Can you Press and hold the Settings button, and then press OK”

does it then stop?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not home so I would have to ask my wife to try. Can you be a little more specific as what button is the Settings button?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

It will have either settings or the wrench on it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Gotchya.
Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

your welcome