Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Epson 4880 showing error code 00010030 how do i clear this

Customer Question

epson 4880 showing error code 00010030 how do i clear this please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Dean.

This is an internal hardware fault, stemming from an optical sensor failure.

If the printer is in direct sunlight, or operating under a strong light/lamp, correct that first.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi NAthanThanks for the reply, I tried as suggested but still have the error message, will try again
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Yes go ahead and give it another shot.

If no change, the printer would have to be opened up (preferably by a qualified tech, but you can do this yourself if you're experienced with electronics repairs)

and double check the wiring harness connections on each of the circuit boards to be sure none has come loose.

If still no improvement, then it would have to go in for repairs to replace the optical sensors and/or logic board.

However, for a 2007 model, it is well past its designed 3 year service life (many times over, in fact) and probably is not worth the investment as other components like the printhead and absorber are well past their life as well. It would cost as much or more to refurbish this machine as it would to buy a brand new one with updated features and a fresh warranty.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
lets just make sure im doing it right..power cord out the back for 5 mins then hold power button for 1 min then plug power cable back in while holding power button for another minute?
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Exactly, holding power button down a total of 2 min, plugging back in halfway between

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Did you need any more help with this, Dean?