Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have an epson p600 printer. My printer was working

Customer Question

I have an epson p600 printer. My printer was working perfectly. I left it for about a week and came back to it. It is now printing too dark all over. How do I fix it? I checked it and cleaned it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Thank you for your patience and response,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an iMac running 0S 10.11.12
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did notice that when I upgraded to OS11, the configuration of the print windows changed slightly and it took me a while to find some of the controls, like papers. But I did find them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem is the printer is printing darker than ever but otherwise the quality seems good. . I can't seem to figure out how to change that. Last night I ran the test prints and it was fine but ran a head cleaning routine anyway. Nothing changed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that great explanation. Would you mind if I connected to your mac from here, so I can try and work with the printer driver directly and try to solve the issue on screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that is fine but I am going to have to go out for a meeting for about an hour and a half. Can this chat stay open for that long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then I can focus on this with you for as long as necessary.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely, just send a reply when you return.

if the page closes, check your email address and look for a message that says you have received a reply from justanswer.

Open the email and inside it click view response, that will bring you right back to this page.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you - i will - be back in about i and a half hours
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Not problem, see you then~

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am back! can we get started?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no hurry.... but Dustin are you there?or have I lost you?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies.. I am here, and working to finish up a session I am in currently.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you - great! I will wait for you
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

I just finished up with the session I was in.

Im not sure if you seen the remote support offer from before. Before I am authorized to connect via a screen sharing / remote support session.

You would need to click and accept the remote support offer.

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid $20 on amex for this session. Is this additional charge?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

That is correct. Remote support always carries an additional fee. ( where we fix the issues for you, rather then talk you through the repairs via email )

If you would prefer written support instead, or just want to cancel and submit for a refund, let me know.

If you want to proceed with the remote support session, I would need you to accept the offer Ive sent.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like you to talk me though it via written or audio chat because I want to learn how to do it. If you are familiar with high-end photo printers like this.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Lets start with a printhead alignment. Heres how to complete the process using the printers touch control panel.

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp600_/xp600_ug/Source/Printers/Source/Ink_Functions/Tasks/XP800/aligning_head_lcd_xp600_800.html

Once thats complete, lets run 1 printhead cleaning.. Heres how.

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp600_/xp600_ug/Source/Printers/Source/Ink_Functions/Tasks/XP800/cleaning_head_lcd_xp600_800.html

Then, try printing something. If it looks better, please remember to return here and rate the answer to show I assisted you.

If its not printing better, send a reply and I will assist you further.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did the print alignment last night and it was fine. But then we ran the print heard cleaning anyway. We did not try printing a photo so we will do that now. It will take a couple of minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unless you want us to go thought those first two steps again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This isn't working for us. The printer was working, just printing too dark. Now the computer isn't recognizing the printer at all so I can't print a test photo. This is very frustrating. I have just restarted the printer.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what happened to make it disconnect from the computer

i would suggest just restarting both the printer and the computer to try to get that back

as for the original problem. If it is very dark and a bit smudgy what might be happening is that it is set for regular paper and printing on photo paper. The glossy paper requires a lot less ink and if that is set wrong it will put out too much ink and look very dark and even a little bit wet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert. . . this has become too complicated and it takes too long. . .can I get my money back?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

you can email***@******.*** for a refund

or if you want to pay a little more we can speak on the phone which might make it easier for you