Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My printer is "off-line"; I had a service call from Comcast

Customer Question

My printer is "off-line"; I had a service call from Comcast yesterday and when he left my printer didn't work; he had replaced the modem & router.
I just spoke with Comcast and they tell me that the printer had been connected to the modem; now that the modem is changed it is no longer connected.
My printer is an officejetpro8500 wireless.
What can I do to connect my printer?
Thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Try the instructions below.

1. Touch Setup on the touch screen of your printer.

2. Scroll down in the Setup menu, and then touch Network.

3. Scroll down in the Network menu, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard searches for networks, and then displays them in a list.

4. Touch the name of your network.

If the list does not contain your network name, follow these steps to enter it manually:

1. Touch Enter New Network Name (SSID).

2. On the on-screen keyboard, touch the appropriate letters and numbers to enter the network name (SSID).

note:

Make sure that you enter the uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters exactly. Otherwise, the wireless connection fails.

3. When you finish entering the new network name, touch Done, and then touch OK.

4. Touch Infrastructure, and then touch WEP encryption or WPA encryption.

If you do not want to use encryption (a security password), touch No, my network does not use encryption, and then go to step 6.

5. If prompted, enter the WEP or WPA key:

1. Touch the appropriate letters or numbers on the on-screen keyboard.

note:

You must enter the exact uppercase and lowercase letters. Otherwise, the wireless connection fails.

2. When you are finished entering the WEP key or WPA key, touch Done and then touch OK to confirm.

The product attempts to connect to the network.

6. Make sure the product successfully connects to the network before continuing to the next step.

note:

If a connection error message displays, make sure that the network name and security key are correct, and then follow the prompts to enter the information again.

Then, restart the computer, printer and the router if needed.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N