John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just installed a HP Model2546 Deskjet Printer to my Mac

Customer Question

I just installed a HP Model2546 Deskjet Printer to my Mac wirelessly. I got it to print, but I couldn't get the color to print. Can you help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First download and install latest drivers for you printer from here --> http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL52008/mp-125743-5/HP-Deskjet-2540-series_v12.34.0.dmg

After that restart your Mac. Print now.

If that didn't work, then we can reset your printer and see if it works or not.

1. Goto System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.
  2. Open Print & Fax or Printers and Scanners or Printing and Scanning
  3. Control-click (Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu (or hold down Option key and click - button at bottom left and click Reset Printing System)

After resetting, your Printer will disappear from the list. Click the + button in there and add it back.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If you want, I can remotely connect to your Mac and try to fix the issue myself for you while you watch. This is an optional additional service.