Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

The right hand side of every page printed on my HP2600n has

Customer Question

The right hand side of every page printed on my HP2600n has a streak that runs the full length of the page. I replaced the transfer belt assembly thinking that may help but it didn't
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is only the black ink part. So I changed the toner cartridge, still the same
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.

did you try replacing the cartridge ?

usually that is a dirty corona wire. But if you clean it and it keeps coming back the cartridge is just spitting out too much toner in that section.

Or there is a problem with the drum/ imaging unit and its got a couple of lines that just stay magnetized for black no matter what.