Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My IP4300 Shows a connection but when programmed to print

Customer Question

My IP4300 Shows a connection but when programmed to print the icon does not appear on my dock and nothing further happens. No copy appears.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please let me know the operating system (E.g. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7) and connection type (USB or wireless), so that I can assist you better.

Thank you.
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac OS X 10.7 USB
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please follow the instructions given below and let me know the response.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
System preferences gives no printer listing.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the USB cable from both printer and the computer and reinsert it? Choose a different USB port on your printer.

Then, try adding it again. If you have a different USB cable, try that too.

Thank you.

S H E F I N