Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I recently bought an Epson XP-424 from Wal-Mart and I am

Customer Question

I recently bought an Epson XP-424 from Wal-Mart and I am having trouble getting it to print out the size photos I program into it. My son had the same problem. I set it to print out a 5x7 photo and it constantly prints out a 4x6. It also cuts a print in half (only the right hand portion of the picture prints with a white border on the left.
is this a printer malfunction or is there anything I can do to correct this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If it only prints out half the picture, there is something wrong with it, indeed.

Often, there is a gear in it that is broken (a factory defect, essentially, and not your fault in all likelihood), which causes this half-printing problem.

If it was recently bought enough, return it to WalMart for an exchange for a fully working device of this type or one of equivalent capabilities. (Be sure that you are still within the return-exchange period listed on the sales slip or according to WalMart policies, in order to save yourself a wasted trip, I advise.)

If it is past the return-exchange period of WalMart's policies, then it is still (if within 1 year of purchase date) within Epson's warranty coverage period, in which case, contacting Epson USA and putting in a failed-within-warranty claim on it, would be the right thing to do.

Use one of the phone numbers on this page to inquire about warranty repair, and to ask where a nearby Epson Authorized Warranty Repair center is:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Landing/about-epson_contact-us.do

(Please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.)