Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

My pixma mg6320 has a support code of 6000 and is not

Customer Question

my pixma mg6320 has a support code of 6000 and is not working...what do i do now
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO...it is still not operating at all and has a support code of 6000 in the window
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Are you connecting to the printer directly via a USB cable or via your wireless network to the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
usb cable
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you connect the cable into a different USB port on the computer and then wait 5 minutes.

then try to print and tell me what then happens please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i plugged into a different usb port and still nothing working...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do you have another computer available for a test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know this computer works and the printer was working previously on this computer...i will just go directly to canon support later...but thank you for your help...it is an older printer and i will just get a new one if this does not work ...thank you and I will end this now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I just wanted to see if the issue is the computer, printer or cable and that would have been a test to do this

If have marked the question to not close so if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do want to make sure i was not signed up for a membership charge each month...i will pay for this 1 call to you...but please make sure this is the only charge i have ...thanks again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is only a one month charge, the monthly subscription is something you would need to sign up to, which you would note doing. Its only a one time free which you already deposited and I am compensated with when you rate me positivly via the stars at the top then submit.

Thank you