Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

I have a cannon mf 4700 series printer/ scanner and it has

I have a cannon mf 4700 series printer/ scanner and it has worked fine for a couple of years and now seemingly out of the blue is not scanning ...... please help

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That would be fine
*********** my phone #

NP, I need to set up the call first.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nothing to rate so far .. I hope this becomes about fixing my scanner as compared to paying and rating you and your company.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you there?

Yup, calling.

tried your #, no luck. Can you please try mine? ************

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/mf4770n

Hey Bob, after some research I have found your problem to be common with the upgrade to elcapitan. Reports are saying the below instructions fixed it, I also spoke with collage that is a OSx guy and agreed that it's been a problem. Here are the instructions.

1. Delete the LBP from Printers & Scanners

2. Open Finder and select Go > Go to Folder. Then type the following and press the Go button

/Library/Printers/Canon

3. Here you will see the CUPSCAPT folder. Trash this folder.

4. Restart your Mac

5. After you log back in, download and install the latest Canon CAPT v3.85 driver that supports El Capitan

6. Open Printers & Scanners and add the LBP600

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I went through all the steps downloaded and installed the driver or whatever I got from doing the steps .... I never saw LBP600,so I didn't add it and it didn't work. I'll call you around 1 your time. Cheers ***** *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Howdy .... just called no answer ...no mailbox
I'm here to figure this out.

I'm here, a little late. Sorry.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi should I call you?

i'm about to start a call, are you avail in about 40 min? I have not found any further info than I did last night.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HI TIM ...I JUST TRIED TO GET MY REFUND AND GOT NOTHING but the run around ...even the last place I was at said i could pay $48 more and talk to a lawyer. Please helpme get or please refund my money .... thank you