Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Sp c431dn color printer has a light line, vertical 1/3 from

Customer Question

sp c431dn color printer has a light line, vertical 1/3 from edge of paper on black print only. Line is lighter print, only on black or gray script or pictures. NO LINE IN COLOR PRINTS.
SO FAR I have replaced the toner and black transfer with no change. I have looked at (fuser) or heater? and can not see where the toner could be removed. strip is .5 inches long and from top to bottom of printed page.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my apple facetime phone *********
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Paper is printed and comes out upside down normally. The line is 3 3/8 inches from left side of paper, 3/16 thick, only effects black areas, like the toner was dusted off with roller that moves the paper?
When it comes out it makes the line on right side because it is ejected upside down.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Printers category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Based on the length of the mark and that it is black only, it would have to be the black drum. Are you saying you need to know how to change it? Or are you able tondo that if you get the replacement?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
reference first communication replaced toner. then replaced black transfer. As I understand it richo called drum a transfer unit.
Since it has been replaced already without changing problem why should I do it again?? Strike one.

This could just be residual toner from the old one - have you tried blowing it out with compressed air?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
after replace of toner and drum I ran copies - The problem did not change or get better with time. I need a richo printer guy. I think it is time to call factory service.

You are free to do that... but if it's anything but the toner/drum, then it should clear up with time. If you think it's just not fusing to the paper but it's being laid down on the paper in the right place, then it could be the fuser roller - or more likely the fuser itself. But that should not affect only black toner.