Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Cannon Image Class MF72bCdw the roller in back of

Customer Question

I have a Cannon Image Class MF72bCdw the roller in back of machine that has film on it that picks up paper had a paper jam and film on roller came off and will no longer pull up paper fax will send out and scanner works but will not copy or print out incoming faxes.
roller is visible in back of machine. Please help Michael at Merrill clinic
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm not quite clear as to what model of ImageClass printer or copier or fax you have.

IF yours is the type that is meant mostly for faxing, where the paper feeds down from behind rather than out of a paper tray, you might need to replace (or doubtfully, clean) the roller in question.

If yours is the type meant mostly for copying, where the paper feeds out of a paper tray or paper trays, then you likely have a damaged fuser, and the fuser will need to be replaced.

But as I said, I more or less need to know what the true model # ***** your printer/copier/fax is. So please look on the manufacturer's label on the back side or the underside, and tell me what it is, please. Thanks.