John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My cannon MG 3522 shows a blinking orange error. I believe

Customer Question

My cannon MG 3522 shows a blinking orange error . I believe it blinks 2 tomes each time. It won't print and I have no instruction manual
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done turn on printer and check

let me know the status and i will suggest further accordingly

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I put 2 new cartridges in , paper and still the error still stays on. When I try to print it says check printer for errors . Please helpMy printer just shows the yellow error light. Steady. Pop up tells me to check for errors
I put in 2 new ink cartridges.
Thank you
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

once these steps have been done, turn on the printer and check and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Printer cannon mg3522 :
The yellow warning light will not go off. I put new cartridge in - black.
Put other paper in , still on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No that did not work. Orange light still on . Not flashing just on. : - (
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

please insert paper in the rear tray and press resume button and check

if still error repeats let me know if there is any error code flashing as well on the printer

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Send me price information, please! I need my printer to work. Thank you
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

this seems to be an internal hardware fault that would require the unit to be serviced.

i will opt out and let other experts suggest on this