Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

, Sorry must have pressed the wrong key. Yesterday

Customer Question

Customer: Good Morning
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry must have pressed the wrong key. Yesterday printer working fine it is a Canon MG 5250. Today no power it wont switch on. I have tried the usual things to check the supply to the printer and all is well. I have pressed the on/off switch several times and it feels ok. I would suspect a fuse but I don't know if it has one.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

there is no fuse inside the unit, if no lights are showing at all, then the power board in the power supply has failed (will be a blown capacitor)

If you have checked the power socket is ok, this is the only other cause for this.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you