Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Workforce 3620 - printing head needs replacing - the machine

Customer Question

workforce 3620 - printing head needs replacing - the machine was only purchased last April, 2015 and should still be under warranty - will not print all the lines
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jackie.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step, which I can guide you through OR you can skip ahead at that point and contact epson service for a warranty replacement.

The entire printer would be replaced at that point, as epson heads are not designed to be serviced/replaced.