Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My Apple iPad will not connect thru my wireless router to my

Customer Question

My Apple iPad will not connect thru my wireless router to my Pixma MG5560 printer. It has worked before but has lost its connection and whatever I try I cannot get it back.
I have followed the prompts and instructions on the printer screen but to no avail
The lap top works fine on its wireless connection and cable Have yhou an answer for me
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

- Disconnect the power cords from both the printer and internet modem / router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit, and check.

; if needed, check the laptop can still print via wireless. If the laptop does not print, then go to wireless menu on printer's screen again to connect it to your wireless network name, then check.

Solution #2:

- On the iPad, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Solution #3:

- On the iPad, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted

, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check printing.

- If needed, confirm the laptop is still printing via wireless first.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to continue. Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please reply at the box below, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,