John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My new Brother MFCJ870dw is printing fine from my desktop

Customer Question

My new Brother MFCJ870dw is printing fine from my desktop but my ipadAir can't find it.
Any suggestions? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to your Desktop computer with a USB printer cable? Or is the connection wireless?

What's the model of your internet modem / router device?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

When you set up / install the printer's driver / software on the Desktop computer previously, did you select the connection option Wireless connection or option USB cable connection when prompted?

When you available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is too complicated for me. Please refund my money. In the past, I have bought Epson printers from Walmart with no problem. I need to send this machine back to Amazon and start ove. Please.

I'm sorry. The issue is not with the printer; it's how you do the setup. Even when you get a new printer brand / model, you would have to go through the process of setting up the printer to wireless connection. But to make things easier and quicker for you, can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can set up the printer to work with both the Desktop and the iPad via wireless connection?

Note: Walmart or any local store cannot help setting up any printer for printing the iPad because it requires using your home's wireless internet connection (not using the store's wireless network). I can do this for you remotely.

Please let me know. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I sent the Brother back and bought a cheap Epson. Easy and fine for my purposes. I object to being charged as my issue was
not resolved. Tried Brother Support too but to no avail. ***** ******

I'm sorry. I'm not affiliated with Brother or Apple, etc. I'm an independent tech. You came here two days ago and asked me for help, and I did reply back to you, but it seems you did not want to continue. And you decided to replace with an Epson printer. I could have helped fixing the Brother printer issue quickly for you if you wanted me to, but I'm glad you got the issue resolved with a new printer now. We are canceling this now for you. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you for the update.