Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My name is ***** *****. I installed windows 10 and now my

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I installed windows 10 and now my canon mp210 does not print. Can you help me?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The system does not recognize my printer.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was the printer working fine before installing Windows 10?

When you turn on the printer and plug it to the computer, does the computer make a sound?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try the following:

Solution #1:

1. Disconnect the USB printer cable from the computer for now.
  2. Click on the Start button, then click on Settings, then System, then Apps, then uninstall all the Canon item(s) there, if any.
    Note: The Start button is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen.
  3. Right-click on the Start button, then click on Control Panel, then open Hardware and sound / Devices and printers. And if you still see any Canon item there, then right-click on it and remove it for now.
  4. Right-click on the Start button, then click on Control Panel, then open System and Security / System, and check if the System type shows 32-bit or 64-bit.
  5. Click on the appropriate website below to download and install the printer's driver / software:
    ; for 64-bit:
    http://tinyurl.com/hvjssfb
    ; the download file name is called mp210swin64101ea24...
    ; for 32-bit:
    http://tinyurl.com/yzgvy2n
    ; the download file name is called mp210swin101ea24...
  6. Note: Only connect the USB printer cable from the printer to the computer when prompted to do so during the installation.

Thank you.

Solution #2:

-If that does not work, or if you do not like Windows 10, then you can click on the Start button, then click on Settings, then click on Update & security, then click on Recovery, then there, click on the option to go back to your previous Windows version.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.