John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a new lenovo Tower (hard-drive) desktop computer, and

Customer Question

I have a new lenovo Tower (hard-drive) for my desktop computer, and I hope to use my existing Canon printer with it. I don't know the exact model of the printer but the codes on the underside of it are K10321 and R31219. It is directly connected (not wireless). I can't seem to make the computer recognize the printer. Do I need any programming information to make this work properly?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Bernard Brown
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please check if there is any other model, such as PIXMA MP240?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Does your new computer have Windows 7 or 8 or 10, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.