Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a paper stuck where the paper comes out of the canon

Customer Question

i have a paper stuck where the paper comes out of the canon pc1060...i have opened the latent and cartridge areas but can not figure out how to open the front panel to free the paper jam ..please advise
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that you need to close all other doors on the PC1060 copier. Then by tugging gently on the front cover, pulling it toward you, then it ought to open.

Generally, for an exit area jam, you can turn Off the Canon machine, wait about 2 minutes, then turn it On again, and it will often enough expel the paper on its own.

If that doesn't work, then turn it Off again, and pull the paper slowly/gently out of the machine - if there is enough of it to grasp firmly with no chance of tearing it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the front does not pull out--it is secured by two screws---i have tried to unscrew but they are in tight. the only part that pulls out is the paper reserve. and there is no way to get to the area from that section. it is an enclosed area. i turned off the copier and it is not ejecting any of the stuck paper. i have already tried to pull out as much as i could--it is jammed.

OK, then. Is the paper you need to remove in the exit area of the copier?

You may have to disassemble it slightly, if so.

Is there a side door in that area, if so open it.

Look for two securing screws. Or perhaps up to four of them. Remove them.

Unplug one plug at the right, then slide out the fuser unit. The paper may be stuck in it, is the thought here, in which case removing the fuser unit will remove the paper too, etc.

Note: if the fuser is accessible this way in your model, it may be hot. Allow 5+ minutes for it to cool off before removing it.