Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

MG 2420. Print command doe not send documents to printer.

Customer Question

MG 2420. Print command doe not send documents to printer. Test print does not work. Head alignment printing does work and scanner works. Connected by USB
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please clean the printhead once and try aligning the printhead. Follow the instructions from the links below.

Cleaning printhead : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142300&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1453568954344

Aligning printhead : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143187&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1453568888157

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have done the alignments, and the printer still does not work. When I use the print feature, the item to be printed shows up in the preview screen, but does not show in the print queue.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Please click Start button and select Devices and Printers. Right click on the printer name and select Remove Device/Delete. Remove all the printers that you are not using.

Then, get into Control panel and select Uninstall a Program (listed under Programs). Uninstall all printer related programs listed over there. Then, restart the computer.

After that, go to the link below, download and install the latest driver (MG2400 series Full Driver & Software Package) for your printer.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg2420?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25

Thank you.

S H E F I N