Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I Have a cannon pixma pro 100 printer. When I put it on

Customer Question

I Have a cannon pixma pro 100 printer. When I put it on 300X300 resolution it prints out the photo 1/4 the picture size. If I use 600X600 resolution or higher I get the correct size.
How can I get it to print the proper size on 300X300 using less ink.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you are changing the resolution of the photo before you printer.

What software is it specifically that you are printing from?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am using the software that came with the printer, printing from photoshop CS2. It works great on 600X600 but not 300X300
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Resolution of photo is 320dpi 12X18 size
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I print it on 13X19 size paper
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Ok, so you are printing from Photoshop.. Thank you.

After you change the resolution. You need to make sure that its set to print on 13x19 paper then..

And you need to also Resize/resample the image after you make these changes.

What you should see on screen before you print, when you set it to 300x300 and 13x9 size.. The image should expand and look blocky. ( because y our lowering the quality )

But thats all you should have to do. If you would like me to connect to your mac from here and show you on screen how to do this, I can. Just let me know~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not know what you mean resize/resample the image. When I go to print preview from the printer driver menu it shows the image the size it should be on the paper size used, but it is not blocky looking. The 300X300 is only the print quality sent to the printer using less ink. The image size is 320 dpi 12''X18" on a 13X19 paper size from photoshop.
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Ive sent an offer for remote support, where I can connect to your mac from here and work directly on this issue on screen. Once Ive repaired the issue, it will be easier to explain and show you what to do on screen, rather then via written word.

Once you have accepted that offer I will send the connection steps.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have offer to pay the first fee with the $10.00 discount to have this resolved. I do not wish to add another $19.00 fee to this.
I have talked to another person who had the same problem and he said that there was a box somewhere that had to be checked but could not remember what it was. I was hoping you could save me some time finding it. I will figure this out myself. Thanks for trying. Wayne
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Youre welcome to try and solve the issue by yourself Wayne. Or, to comparison shop and find out how much it would cost you to receive phone support or remote support from best buy.

Youd see our prices are less then half that of our competitors, and we offer a fix it or refund it guarantee. No one else does that.

If you decide you do want to continue, send a reply and let me know.

Dustin S.