Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

I have a 430 dn printer. if i print in the color mode i get

Customer Question

i have a 430 dn printer. if i print in the color mode i get a red line down the side of the page and sometimes multiple red lines.
can you identify the problem for me. i have just purchased another ricoh printer in case this unit cannot be fixed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Charlies, how long have you had this printer? Have you ran the head cleaning routine? This is usually a sign of an internal mechanical failure as printers are made pretty poorly these days. Ink replacements tend to be 60% the cost of new printers. It's really hard to identify a problem with out seeing it, but what you described is usually a sign that it is indeed time to replace the unit. Please let me know if you have further questions, if not please do rate me. Thank you.