John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My mac book wont let me register my canon printer..... i go

Customer Question

my mac book wont let me register my canon printer..... i go to register but search and add are faint and i cant add it. have unplugged printer and shut down computer to start all over but it just wont let me add the printer to register it and get started. I've installed macports and everything which made the printer whizz but I've hit this point.
help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
USB cable

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.